This committee is made up of physicians experienced and involved in nuclear medicine techniques applied to diagnosing infection and inflammation.
The aims of the committee are:
- To develop guidelines and recommendations for the nuclear medicine imaging involving infection and inflammation.
- To develop common diagnostic flowcharts for the optimum use of nuclear medicine imaging for common clinical conditions involving infection and inflammation.
- To bridge with other scientific societies involved in the diagnosis and treatment of infectious conditions to establish the role of nuclear medicine procedures.
- To provide education and training for nuclear medicine physicians, scientists and technologists to further advance and improve the use of diagnostic nuclear medicine procedures.
- To plan and organize scientific and educational sessions at international meetings